- Free myself to compete up to capacity.
- Focus on the sense of possibilities. No Risk – No Gain.
I have influence and own the following:
- My equipment, ski prep and wax choice are ready for competition.
- Ensuring proper nutrition/drink – what and when.
- Properly wake up the body and mind.
- Be really warmed up and ready when entering into start gate.
- Have a game plan/task/tactics.
- Collect and process course information for good tactics.
- My recovery time is well planned with enough rest.
- Control emotions by controlled breath and heart rate.
- Be confident in my preparation for competition.
- Right attitude, spirituality and effort.
- Let go of forcing things.
- Let go of thoughts about outcomes and history.
- Connect only to doing. Focus on doing the doing
- Being the being, being all here, being completely present.
- Task over ego.
- Be fully connected and become your performance by being inseparable from what you are doing.
- Ski race for the love of ski racing, free of judgment – pressure, and fear of failure.
- Be a child and ski with joy, fun, excitement, and passion.
- Enjoy the process. Love every aspect of the preparation and competition.
- Welcome new challenges every day.
- Set goals and have purpose to make each day your master piece.
- Focus on process, not outcomes. Process can be controlled.
- Strengthen and condition body fully and functionally.
- Properly fuel body. Stay hydrated and eat healthy.
- Recovery and rest is a vital part of training and performance.
- Strong work ethic.
- Meditate and visualize to help accelerate learning process. Begin by breathing techniques to clear and quiet the mind.
- Learn to look and learn within.
- Failures and frustrations are lessons from which to learn and empower.
- Embrace and accept setbacks – this builds grit and mental toughness.
- Diligent mental practice to remain focused.
- Being prepared leads to less concerns and can focus on task with ease.
- Have the willingness to enter the zone of discomfort to become better. The ability to face adversity, sacrifice & suffering opens you to spiritual growth.
- Gain knowledge and master skills.
- Align yourself with the ten building blocks: COMMITMENT, RESPONSIBILTY, ACCOUNTABILITY, INTEGERITY, RESPECT, TRUST, LEADERSHIP, COURAGE/COMPASSION, SERVICE and HUMILITY.
- Control ego and vast emotional power.
- Act, not react. Put an end to procrastination. DO IT NOW!
- Take time to help the team. (Team mates, coaches, parents).
- Take time to read a good book of wisdom.
- Attitude of gratitude. Count your blessings rather than entitlement.
- Be true to your-self.
- Commit to being a good person.
- Daily log of date/time, components of workout/competition, mental feelings and physical feelings during workout/competition.
- Success does come to anyone who is willing to weather the storm. Those who truly desire it and are willing to do all that it takes to achieve the highest performance become champions.
“People are always looking for the right time and perfect place to write, to paint, to accomplish some goal.
They say, I have to be in the mountains, I have to be on the coast, everything must be just so.
But if you look at all the great achievements of history, you will see that they largely done in cold, cramped, unpicturesque conditions. Look where all great people and all the great achievements have come from and see that they always seem to come from deprived situations.”
“Sooner or later those who win are those who think they can win”
The message: is Plan, Prepare and Do It Now.
There are two things you can control, your effort and your attitude.