“One of the more remarkable skiers I have had the pleasure to work with, is Marc Girardelli. He has been his own coach since 13 years of age. He knows where he is going, he knows the way and he alone takes full responsibility for the hard work. As he knows the importance of “Mind Training” he is in a regular and systematic way practicing autogenic and mental training.” Lars-Eric Unestahl
“You don’t need snow – to practice good skiing.”
“Future athletes will train confidence and concentration in the same way as they train conditioning and strength.”
“A positive mental approach toward your skiing can mean the difference between success and failure.”
“One can always learn from others. The Champion’s mind holds a wealth of insight, as to how you can become a winner in your everyday life.”
“ The most vital aspect of winning is mental attitude.”
“Visualization was really the key” explaining the reasons for his dramatic improvements from one season to the next.
“I do not know anything about luck, but the harder I train the luckier I get.”
“To win, I have to get angry. My anger is directed at the course, attacking it and beating it.”
“I m still aiming for my goal in skiing-to make a perfect race.”
- Free myself to compete up to capacity.
- Focus on the sense of possibilities. No Risk – No Gain.
I have influence and own the following:
- My equipment, ski prep and wax choice are ready for competition.
- Ensuring proper nutrition/drink – what and when.
- Properly wake up the body and mind.
- Be really warmed up and ready when entering into start gate.
- Have a game plan/task/tactics.
- Collect and process course information for good tactics.
- My recovery time is well planned with enough rest.
- Control emotions by controlled breath and heart rate.
- Be confident in my preparation for competition.
- Right attitude, spirituality and effort.
- Let go of forcing things.
- Let go of thoughts about outcomes and history.
- Connect only to doing. Focus on doing the doing
- Being the being, being all here, being completely present.
- Task over ego.
- Be fully connected and become your performance by being inseparable from what you are doing.
- Ski race for the love of ski racing, free of judgment – pressure, and fear of failure.
- Be a child and ski with joy, fun, excitement, and passion.